A message from the SHEAR National Conference Coordinator, Robyn Lily Davis:
Less than 2 days until our 40th annual meeting opens in Cleveland and I have a few updates and reminders to share with you.
- Pre-registration is now closed. You may register on-site but please remember that we can accept only cash or checks, no credit cards, and that there is an on-site supplemental fee of $30. Registration opens Thursday, 5:00 to 7:30 pm in the conference hotel and continues on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Those going on the pre-conference tour of Kirtland Temple should meet the bus in front of the hotel on West Mall Drive.
- All the bus tours will depart from West Mall Drive, in front of the hotel.
- Walking Tour participants should gather in the hotel lobby.
- If you signed up for both the Museum of Art guided tour and the walking tour of historic Cleveland, you will need to make a choice – they both start at 6pm on Friday. Email me with your plans once you decide.
- The Cleveland Grays Armory Museum [https://graysarmory.com] extends a warm welcome to SHEARites and invites them to stop in at 1234 Bolivar Road to learn more about Cleveland’s early peace officers and first line of defense against Canadian invasion. The Armory will also be open on Friday evening for free lecture on WWI posters. A tour of the armory can be arranged by emailing the Education Director Annemarie Roeder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you been active in SHEAR since 1990? Did you remember to sign up for the Sunday’s Founders’ Breakfast? You can still do so at the registration desk when you arrive.
- Check-in at the overflow Renaissance is 4:00 p.m. The hotel will happily hold your luggage if you arrive early and your room is not yet ready.
- The Marriott at Key Center is undergoing renovations that are taking longer than planned. Most significant for our meeting, two of the elevators will be out of order and the down escalator from our meeting space to the main lobby is undergoing repair. The up escalator is working and there are stairs nearby. However, please expect some delays at peak times and please allow a little extra transit time getting to the 2nd floor in the morning. The Marriott will have a complimentary all-day coffee and tea service available to conference-goers in our meeting space so come down early for that first cup of jolt.
I send you traveling mercies and I look forward to seeing you in Cleveland later this week. If you need anything before then, please email me at email@example.com or call or text my mobile, 405/409-5909.
Robyn Lily Davis
SHEAR National Conference Coordinator