One Day Until #SHEAR2022
Dear SHEARites! One day until we gather in New Orleans. Even if you’ve diligently read all my communications, please read this one as I have important updates to share with you.
- Registration opens Thursday at 5:00 pm. THURSDAY only registration will be on the 11th floor of the Pan Am Center (connected to the hotel Atrium), outside of the auditorium where the President’s Plenary will start at 6:00 pm.
- Except for the general sessions (listed in the program), all conference sessions will be held in the InterContinental hotel, despite the Pan Am Center rooms bearing the same names.
- Did you sign up for the Whitney Plantation or Chalmette Battlefield tours? The bus will load at Poydras and St. Charles. Exit the hotel, make a left, walk 100 years.
- Looking for additional coffee and food purveyors inside the hotel? Good news! Visit Modern Recipe, a lovely café(teria) on the 11th floor of the Pan Am Center, open for dine-in or take-away breakfast on Thursday and Friday from 7:30 to 9:30 and ditto lunch 11:30 to 1:45.
- SPEAKING OF FOOD: Don’t forget we have our unlisted coffee and beignets “thank you” on Sunday morning, 8:00 to 9:00 in Marigny. Also, for an afternoon pick-me-up on Saturday afternoon, we will have the Old Quarter Candy Cart out 3:15 to 3:45.
I look forward to gathering with you starting tomorrow and I send you traveling mercies.
20 July 2022