Three Days Until SHEAR!
Howdy SHEARites! 3 days until we meet in sweltering Philadelphia for our 44th annual conference and I have a few updates and reminders to share with you. Please read all the way through, and please overlook any cross-postings; I’m trying to reach everyone. (If you are a panel organizer, consider contacting all members of your panel to be sure they’re receiving these emails; let me know if not.)
- The final program is uploaded to the SHEAR site: https://www.shear.org/ or https://www.shear.org/annual-meeting/Print copies will be distributed at the registration desk.
- Pre-registration is now closed. You will be able to register on-site from 5:00 to 7:30 pm Thursday, 13 July in Overture in the conference hotel; registration continues Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Remember that there is a supplemental fee of $30 for on-site registration and that SHEAR accepts only cash or credit cards.
- If you registered for the Lazaretto tour, please meet in the hotel lobby before 2:00 pm. The bus departs from the taxi-cut out on Broad Street south of the parking lot entrance.
- If you registered for either of the Revolution and Founders tours, meet at the Independence Visitor Center doors, 599 Market St.
- The Presidential Address, Awards Ceremony, and Awards Reception on Saturday 15 July have been moved to the conference hotel.
- Despite what the program says, the Presidential Address begins at 6:30 pm. The Conference Coordinator regrets the error.
- I have a limited number of seats available for the Boydston Breakfast. Register now by writing me at firstname.lastname@example.org; cost is $35 and you can pay on-site.
- This year’s business meeting is on Sunday morning, 7:45 to 8:45. There will be coffee.
Research and Culture:
- A reminder that HSP will stay open late during SHEAR – until 7:00 pm on July 13 and 14 and until 5:00 pm on July 15. Please register for an appointment on their website: https://www.portal.hsp.org/
- The Museum of American Revolution will offer discounted admission to registered conference goers.
I send you traveling mercies and look forward to welcoming you to Philadelphia soon; pack your sunscreen and a shade hat! If you need anything in the meantime, please email me at email@example.com
Robyn Lily Davis
SHEAR National Conference Coordinator
10 July 2023