Call for Applications: JER Senior Editorial Assistant
The JER is seeking a Senior Editorial Assistant primarily to provide editorial and technical support to the editor of the JERPanorama. Among their duties, the Senior Editorial Assistant will, with the support of the Panorama editor, plan, recruit, and edit three Panorama roundtables each year and work on social media campaigns. The Senior Editorial Assistant will also support the work of the JER’s editorial team by working with a team of two to three editorial assistants source-checking manuscripts and will be responsible for training new editorial assistants.
Advanced graduate students, independent scholars, and non-tenure-track faculty are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proofread and edit essays prior to publication in the Panorama;
- Maintain and update Panorama website;
- Post new Panorama content;
- Develop and maintain the SHEAR news feed;
- Plan, with the Panorama editor, three roundtables per year for the Panorama;
- Coordinate social media campaigns with the JER Social Media Coordinator;
- Train editorial assistants in coordination with the JER editors and managing editor;
- Source check JER manuscripts as part of a team of two to three additional editorial assistants.
- ABD or PhD in history with an emphasis on the era of the early American republic;
- Demonstrated ability to produce historical scholarship (as exemplified in seminar papers, dissertation draft chapters, or published work);
- Strong English language writing and grammar skills;
- Demonstrated ability to use WordPress.
- Editing experience;
- Public scholarship experience;
- Experience with social media engagement.
Time and Compensation: This position comes with a $10,000 annual stipend. We anticipate the position requiring around 10 hours/week.
Application: Please submit your application by NOVEMBER 15 to email@example.com. Application materials must include a cover letter stating interest in the position and relevant experience (if applicable) and CV.
14 September 2021
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!