Register Now for SHEAR 2019 Graduate Research Seminars
SHEAR is pleased to open registration for the 5th annual graduate student research luncheon seminars. Reserve your spot for a free catered luncheon facilitated by senior scholars in the field on Friday, 19 July 2019.
These seminars permit grad students and senior faculty to discuss common themes, important areas of research, and the challenges faced by scholars in the field. Conversations in each group may turn alternately to subjects like archives, methodologies, and important secondary literature in their area. Best of all, these seminars help participants to network amongst like-minded scholars, and to find potential partners for organizing panels for future conferences.
- The program and lunch are free, but you must be registered for the conference.
- You need to be currently enrolled in a graduate program or have received an AY 2018-2019 degree.
- American Revolution led by Ben Irvin (Indiana) and Serena Zabin (Carleton College)
- Centering Gender in the Early Republic led by Rachel Hope Cleves (University of Victoria) and Carolyn Eastman (Virginia Commonwealth)
- Native American History led by Ari Kelman (UC Davis), Julie Reed (Penn State), and Christina Snyder (Penn State)
- Slavery and Freedom led by Martha Jones (Johns Hopkins) and Kate Masur (Northwestern)
Enrollment in each seminar is limited. We aim to assign participants to their first choice; but if that session fills early, we will accommodate participants in other sessions. To apply, please email a dissertation abstract (250 words max) to SHEAR2019@gmail.com with YOURNAME_Grad_Seminar in the subject line by May 15th. Include your graduate program (advisor, department, university), expected completion date, and your first and second seminar choice.
3 April 2019
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!